Smash Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smash Network

Welcome to Smash Network Forums! This place is mainly about Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Come and meet new friends, battle good brawlers, and just hang out and have fun!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SingNstache711
Admin
Admin
SingNstache711

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood Empty
PostSubject: Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood   Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood EmptySeptember 9th 2008, 3:16 am

This game comes out at the end of the month. I'm hoping it'll be a good RPG experience, seeing as it's the 1st ever Sonic RPG game! Since it's produced by BioWare, it should turn out to have a pretty good story, hopefully.

The combat is mainly turn-based with some real-time elements thrown in, such as tapping the Touch Screen at cretain places (like action commands) in order to dodge attacks or increase your attack's power.

The game itself seems to have just the right length for a DS RPG game. Excluding side quests, the game from start to finish would take around 25-30 hours to complete. Doing all the side quests may make it take around 40 hours. I think you'll be able to save at anytime during the game, but don't believe that just yet.

Bosses will be an "end-of-level" deal, with normal enemies to fight in the levels, of course. Chaos will be used for equipment to raise stats or create team attacks (I think). There are 10 playable characters, I believe, and 4 in a party at once. Each character will be needed to get through certain areas of the levels (like Tails's ability to fly).

Any comments?
Back to top Go down
OwnU
Rookie
OwnU

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood   Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood EmptySeptember 9th 2008, 11:31 am

Sounds like Mario RPG or Paper Mario. =/
Back to top Go down
SingNstache711
Admin
Admin
SingNstache711

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood   Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood EmptySeptember 9th 2008, 5:23 pm

Nah, you need to read more about it.
Back to top Go down
Gigasteve
Admin
Admin
Gigasteve

Number of posts : 293

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood   Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood EmptySeptember 9th 2008, 6:13 pm

The 10-character thing spells unbalanced. =/
Back to top Go down
SingNstache711
Admin
Admin
SingNstache711

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood   Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood EmptySeptember 9th 2008, 11:32 pm

Maybe not. I've heard something like each character will have some special ability in the field, so you'll need different party members at certain times in order to advance through the game. I'm excited to see how this plays out.
Back to top Go down
Gigasteve
Admin
Admin
Gigasteve

Number of posts : 293

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood   Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood EmptySeptember 11th 2008, 6:19 pm

Well let's hope it works that way...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood   Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood Empty

Back to top Go down

Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
Page 1 of 1