Smash Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smash Network

Welcome to Smash Network Forums! This place is mainly about Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Come and meet new friends, battle good brawlers, and just hang out and have fun!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whispers in the Dark by jjvirus (A short Story)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jjvirus
Admin
Admin
jjvirus

Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Whispers in the Dark by jjvirus (A short Story) Empty
PostSubject: Whispers in the Dark by jjvirus (A short Story)   Whispers in the Dark by jjvirus (A short Story) EmptyOctober 9th 2008, 7:06 pm

“So I’ll see you tonight?”, Old Ash typed

“Yes sir, the same address I gave you.”, the young boy replied

“Ok, sounds good. I’ll see you then sonny.”

“Good-bye....”

The old man logs off his IM and chuckles to himself.

The date was June 6th, 2006. School had just let out in Melbourne, Florida. A vert humid and peaceful city. Nothing out of the ordinary ever happens. It’s always bright and beautiful, the skies laced with streaks of crimson in the afternoon as the cool night time breeze lands to chill all in its path.

Old Ash was a 57 year old man who was a pedofile that found his victims over the internet. He was the stereotypical old gentleman...except for his disgusting past times. He’s very tall, skinny, and has grey hair all over his wrinkly scalp.

It was finally that time of day. The skies were in their amazing pattern of crimson streaked brightness, shining brighter than they ever had before, and the night time breeze was settling in. The breeze sent chills down Ash’s spike as he stepped outside. The location where Ash was headed was actually not very far from his residence. So, he decided to walk to his next destination, his final destination.

As Ash approached the neighborhood that the boy lived in, he heard a high pitched squeal, a scream of some sort. Now normally, a mere sound like this wouldn’t even phase the gentleman, but this sound was a message, a warning to the man, a hint of advice he should’ve taken.

Ash froze stone cold, petrified. His mind empty, not a thought to be told. But, he couldn’t let this stop him. He was going to get his hands on that boy and nothing could stop him. With his head held up high, he began to pace down the trashed streets of heck.

The sun had departed long ago by the time Ash found the house, 6426 HalfCross Lane. The yard of the house was kind of creepy. It consisted of tall grass, about 4 feet high, a rusty iron fence , and there were bones from an unknown creature all over. Ash went up the porch of the house and as he touched the final step he felt a pulse coming from the house. Following it he heard maniacal laughing. This was his last warning to turn back, and being the single minded moron he was he ignored it. Ash put his fist up to the door in an attempt to knock, but right before his fist made contact with the icy metal of the door, it opened right before him. Ash’s mouth dropped an inch or two, in awe at what had just happened.

“That’s strange...”, Ash mumbled to himself

Coming back to his sense, he walked into the building. Peering throughout the room, Ash was able to make out little of what was in it. It was mostly dark and the only source of light he had was the moonlight shining through the door behind him. Ash took a few steps forward and then....*CRASH* a tremendously loud crash came from behind him. To Ash it sounded like someone had slammed the door shut, but when he turned around to see what had made the noise...the door was wide open just as he had left it. If only Ash had known what he had gotten himself into...

Ash began to freak out and was considering leaving the home, but he still wanted to get a hold of the of the young boy. Of course Ash stayed, he had the common sense of the squirrel that likes to run into the middle of the road and ennding up crushed under the tire of a car.

“Hello?!”, Ash called, “Sonny are you home?”

There was no response.

“Sonny!?”, he called again

“I’m right here Mr. Ash.”, a voice replied

Ash looked all over the dimly lit room but saw no one.

“Silly, turn around!”, the voice said again

“Oh wow, you’re a funny one.”, Ash laughed, “So you’re my little buddy eh sonny?”

Ash doesn’t know the boy’s name, so he has always called him sonny like most of his victims.

“Yes sir!”

Ash studied the boy for a few seconds, something seemed odd about him. He looked like the average child, so sweet and innocent but he could feel something extremely awkward about him.

“Is something wrong Mr. Ash?”, the boy asked with a puzzled look on his face.

“No its nothing. Just a little cold.”, and then Ash remembered why he came, “So sonny...I recall you telling me you like to play games?”

“Oh yes! But sadly, I have no one to play with.”

“That’s what I’m here for!”, Ash got that huge, creepy smirk of his on his face, “I’d be happy to play with you. I even have some ideas for games.” Ash’s grin got even wider and he kept winking at the boy, causing him to chuckle lightly.

“I also have some games in mind. Do you mind if we play one of my games first.”

“Of course we can sonny! We’ll take turns.”

“Yay!”, the boy jumped up and down, but the boy had the most evil smile you could ever imagine. His snow white eyes shown in the moonlight.

Of course, Ash had no intention at all of playing any games this mere child had. He planned on getting what he wanted as soon as possible.

Ash follows the boy into a small room, about the size of the average classroom. The room is mostly empty, like the first room. The only things to be seen in this room are 2 wooden chairs, a trunk, a table made of wood matching the chairs, and a dozen of life like mannequins throughout the room. There is also a tiny window that brings in the light of the full moon outside into the room.

“Now I got you right where I want you, poor fool!”, Ash yells , “Come here!”

Ash dashes towards the child both arms out ready to grasp his tiny body.

“Nice try, peasant...”, the boy’s eyes go form a pale white to the brightest blue imaginable and he raises his right hand and waves it in a circle, “I’m no child Mr. Ash. I rule heck and all that dwell there. I’m going to control your soul for the rest of eternity along with the others that are as sick and twisted as you. So, I’d say it’d be a good idea for you to meet some of your future friends.”

And just as he said that, the mannequins start to twitch and sway uncontrollably. They rock back and forth taking the form of their past mortal selves.

“Get him my pets”, the boy laughs the same maniacal laugh that Ash heard as he had stepped upon the porch. He knew it was the end, nothing could save him now.....
Back to top Go down
Gigasteve
Admin
Admin
Gigasteve

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Whispers in the Dark by jjvirus (A short Story) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whispers in the Dark by jjvirus (A short Story)   Whispers in the Dark by jjvirus (A short Story) EmptyOctober 10th 2008, 4:00 pm

Nice story. Thought the forums were dead...
Back to top Go down

Whispers in the Dark by jjvirus (A short Story)
Page 1 of 1