Smash Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smash Network

Welcome to Smash Network Forums! This place is mainly about Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Come and meet new friends, battle good brawlers, and just hang out and have fun!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything.

Go down 
+7
UltimateRazer
zelda_master_timmy
Bigman40
OwnU
Mike
SingNstache711
jjvirus
11 posters

Can you learn from combo vids?
Yes
Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything. Vote_lcap63%Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything. Vote_rcap
 63% [ 5 ]
No
Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything. Vote_lcap37%Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything. Vote_rcap
 37% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
jjvirus
Admin
Admin
jjvirus

Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything. Empty
PostSubject: Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything.   Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything. EmptyJuly 27th 2008, 11:20 pm

All they are is clips of one person kicking a bunch of noobs in the [CENSORED]. Its just showing off. They don't teach anything at all. They're fun to watch but not to learn.
Back to top Go down
SingNstache711
Admin
Admin
SingNstache711

Number of posts : 221

PostSubject: Re: Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything.   Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything. EmptyJuly 27th 2008, 11:22 pm

I voted no, but there are some occasions where you may notice a set of moves that work that you've never tried before. Otherwise, I'd rather watch actual brawls to study by. That way, I know what kind of situation is happening instead of just a clip of the brawl.
Back to top Go down
jjvirus
Admin
Admin
jjvirus

PostSubject: Re: Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything.   Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything. EmptyJuly 27th 2008, 11:24 pm

SingNstache711 wrote:
I voted no, but there are some occasions where you may notice a set of moves that work that you've never tried before. Otherwise, I'd rather watch actual brawls to study by. That way, I know what kind of situation is happening instead of just a clip of the brawl.

Amen
Back to top Go down
Mike
Intermediate
Mike

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything.   Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything. EmptyJuly 27th 2008, 11:41 pm

i only put yes because some times they work but u never know it may help noobs with there combo's
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/MegaMikeBrawler
OwnU
Rookie
OwnU

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything.   Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything. EmptyJuly 27th 2008, 11:42 pm

I Learned A Lot From Combo Vids Actually :\
Back to top Go down
Mike
Intermediate
Mike

Number of posts : 210

PostSubject: Re: Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything.   Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything. EmptyJuly 27th 2008, 11:48 pm

i learned from the videos but then it ended out it didn't too much because those ppl i fought weren't noobs so i stop watching them
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/MegaMikeBrawler
Bigman40
Bigman40

Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything.   Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything. EmptyJuly 28th 2008, 3:26 pm

Combo videos do help to an extent. In melee, you could pull off what you see, but in brawl, you have to adjust to whatever your opponent does. That's why it's not as useful because they're not true combos.
Back to top Go down
zelda_master_timmy
Speed Gym Leader
Speed Gym Leader

Number of posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything.   Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything. EmptyJuly 29th 2008, 2:15 pm

You may be able to replicate what is seen, however everything is situational. Therefore, combo vids can help but all a combo is in brawl is really the opponent messing up a dodge. The best thing to do is watch a OFFLINE game and try to replicate what you dont do. Try to include that in your game.
Back to top Go down
SingNstache711
Admin
Admin
SingNstache711

Number of posts : 221

PostSubject: Re: Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything.   Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything. EmptyJuly 29th 2008, 2:17 pm

zelda_master_timmy wrote:
You may be able to replicate what is seen, however everything is situational. Therefore, combo vids can help but all a combo is in brawl is really the opponent messing up a dodge. The best thing to do is watch a OFFLINE game and try to replicate what you dont do. Try to include that in your game.
Exactly my thoughts. ^^
Back to top Go down
UltimateRazer
Rookie
UltimateRazer

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything.   Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything. EmptyJuly 29th 2008, 2:59 pm

ok they can help although i do agree with scat and zmt <3 like in a sonic combo video...thats kinda how i got good with sonic...and learned his spring techs >=O
Back to top Go down
southpaw
Rookie
southpaw

Number of posts : 62

PostSubject: Re: Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything.   Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything. EmptyJuly 31st 2008, 3:13 pm

jjvirus wrote:
All they are is clips of one person kicking a bunch of noobs in the [CENSORED]. Its just showing off. They don't teach anything at all. They're fun to watch but not to learn.
Umm... You know that your in most of the clips at Zmt's combo video? your kinda putting down.. yourself... Um anyways.. Combo videos teach you a few things atually. A dk combo video showed me how to do some teqs. A marth combo video showed me some things I could do with F-Air. There atually not that bad..
Back to top Go down
Gigasteve
Admin
Admin
Gigasteve

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything.   Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything. EmptyJuly 31st 2008, 3:22 pm

I may have learned 1, maybe two things....so no really.
Back to top Go down
jjvirus
Admin
Admin
jjvirus

PostSubject: Re: Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything.   Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything. EmptyJuly 31st 2008, 3:53 pm

southpaw wrote:
jjvirus wrote:
Umm... You know that your in most of the clips at Zmt's combo video? your kinda putting down.. yourself... Um anyways.. Combo videos teach you a few things atually. A dk combo video showed me how to do some teqs. A marth combo video showed me some things I could do with F-Air. There atually not that bad..

Im well aware of that Fobo <_<
Back to top Go down
coldasice
coldasice

Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything.   Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything. EmptyAugust 3rd 2008, 3:29 pm

Combo vids help to an extent which is why i voted yes. Some combos u can replicate but some are just situational. And like its already been said combos are not what they were in melee.
Back to top Go down
Havokk

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything.   Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything. EmptyAugust 16th 2008, 12:07 am

They help me learn new AT's and edgeguarding that works often (such as a Pit arrow to make them airdodge, then follow with an f or bair punish) but overall. They don't really help, just entertainment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything.   Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything. EmptyAugust 16th 2008, 12:42 am

Combo videos don't help at all in Brawl because of the fact that combos don't exist. Combo videos in any other vidjo game can help people lurn.
Back to top Go down
southpaw
Rookie
southpaw

Number of posts : 62

PostSubject: Re: Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything.   Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything. EmptyAugust 22nd 2008, 12:14 am

Guest wrote:
Combo videos don't help at all in Brawl because of the fact that combos don't exist. Combo videos in any other vidjo game can help people lurn.
This coming from the person who can't spell learn? Combos do exist, and I don't see a f***ing combo in nintendogs.
Back to top Go down
Bigman40
Bigman40

Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything.   Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything. EmptySeptember 15th 2008, 8:18 pm

I'll quote myself.

Bigman40 wrote:
Combo videos do help to an extent. In melee, you could pull off what you see, but in brawl, you have to adjust to whatever your opponent does. That's why it's not as useful because they're not true combos.

My quote isn't completely correct though....There ARE combos in brawl. However, they are very small. Really, it's stringing the opponent into a set of attacks that make brawl now. Watching combo videos are a help in using moves you might not use, or you can take it and twist it into something in your own fashion (granted you use it when the time is correct). You have to be able to quickly adapt to whatever your opponent will do to continue that string though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything.   Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything. Empty

Back to top Go down

Why Combo vids don't help you learn anything.
Page 1 of 1