Smash Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smash Network

Welcome to Smash Network Forums! This place is mainly about Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Come and meet new friends, battle good brawlers, and just hang out and have fun!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official MUGEN Discussion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Official MUGEN Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Official MUGEN Discussion   Official MUGEN Discussion EmptyAugust 14th 2008, 6:42 pm

This thread is for discussing the amazing Game/Game Engine MUGEN. Discuss character downloads, stage downloads, char/stage creation, screenpacks, anything related to MUGEN! Or, if your curios, find information about this amazing Game.

Mugen Installation Tutorial~

http://unofficial-winmugen.jpn.org/

Download the first link on that page, and congratulations, you have M.U.G.E.N. Remember that you need WinRAR to extract the files onto your desktop.

Screenpack Installation Tutorial~

My recomended screenpack is~http://www.mugen-infantry.net/forum/...?topic=45821.0

It is has a large amount of character slots and is sexy to boot.

Download it from the link posted in that thread, extract it onto your desktop, and move the three folders contained in it into your MUGEN folder. When it asks if you want to overwrite the files currently in your MUGEN folder, click "yes to all"

Viola, you have a shiny new screenpack for your MUGEN

Character Installation Tutorial~

Recommended site for character downloads~www.mugenation.com

Download a character and extract the file onto your desktop. Move said folder into your Chars folder in MUGEN.

This is the important part. Check the DEF file in the characters folder. The name you type down in the following document must match the title of the DEF file EXACTLY or your character wont work.

Go into the Data folder in your MUGEN folder and click on Select, which is a DEF file. Scroll down to where it says "randomselect" Delete the first randomselect and put the name of the characters DEF file in its place.

This should allow you to play as your character in your MUGEN. You can add as many characters as your screenpack can hold, and there are alot of characters out there to fill it up.

Stage Installation Tutorial~

Recomended~www.mugenation.com (its a good site)

When you download your stage, extract it, and move both files into your stages folder in your MUGEN folder.

Go into the Data folder and go into the Select DEF file like you do for characters. This time, scroll down to where the stages are at. Type in~stage/(name of stage).def in the designated area. Your stage should now be available to you in your MUGEN
Admin
Gigasteve

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Official MUGEN Discussion   Official MUGEN Discussion EmptyAugust 15th 2008, 2:26 pm

You can choose which characters you want in? 0_0
Back to top Go down
jjvirus
Admin
Admin
jjvirus

Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Official MUGEN Discussion   Official MUGEN Discussion EmptyAugust 15th 2008, 2:35 pm

Gigasteve wrote:
You can choose which characters you want in? 0_0

not ANY character but pretty much anything you can think of. He tried walkin me thru it...Im still confused.
Back to top Go down
Gigasteve
Admin
Admin
Gigasteve

PostSubject: Re: Official MUGEN Discussion   Official MUGEN Discussion EmptyAugust 15th 2008, 2:42 pm

Well of course, but I just didn't like the idea of Peter Griffin vs Mario ya know?
Back to top Go down
jjvirus
Admin
Admin
jjvirus

Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Official MUGEN Discussion   Official MUGEN Discussion EmptyAugust 15th 2008, 2:46 pm

Lulz I feel ya
Back to top Go down
Gigasteve
Admin
Admin
Gigasteve

PostSubject: Re: Official MUGEN Discussion   Official MUGEN Discussion EmptyAugust 15th 2008, 2:47 pm

I wish I could laugh like Peter...
Back to top Go down
Mike
Intermediate
Mike

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Official MUGEN Discussion   Official MUGEN Discussion EmptyAugust 15th 2008, 2:52 pm

i remember fighting peter with my homer i was a beast with him but i stoped with mugen =/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/MegaMikeBrawler

PostSubject: Re: Official MUGEN Discussion   Official MUGEN Discussion EmptyAugust 15th 2008, 6:53 pm

It doesn't have to be just peter gryphon. It can be any character from basically anything ever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official MUGEN Discussion   Official MUGEN Discussion EmptyAugust 16th 2008, 2:17 am

Top page updated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official MUGEN Discussion   Official MUGEN Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Official MUGEN Discussion
Page 1 of 1